Finance Trade and Services
The area of Business Intelligence is one of the most active ones in the
late years. The need to develop customer relationship models, to mine
large business data bases, to find effective interfaces in e-commerce
are some of the hot topics in the area. Still, the business environment
is characterised by complexity and is subject to external factors that
make traditional models to operate only under ideal conditions. The problem
of building systems that adapt to the users and in particular situations
is present more than ever as competition is pressing in this area for
effective and aggressive solutions.
Some possible directions SAS can be applied in Finance, Trade & Services
- Effective data mining in large business data bases (banks, insurances,
super market chains etc.)
- On line services that encompass advanced adaptive user interfaces
- Modeling of business or financial operations using Intelligent systems
in order to provide robustness and adaptivity
- Verification and fraud detection systems that adapt to prevent multifarious
- Job Scheduling and optimisation
- Business consulting
The Key Nodes involved in Finance, Trade & Services applications are
to engage in technology transfer and research according to the activity
plan but also by initiating task forces.
Industrial members should benefit from:
- Receiving free information (case studies, consultancy etc.) provided
by other members.
- Networking for creating consortia for projects as EUNITE provides
a great pool of relevant Academic Research and Industrial partners.
- Identifying the future trends and hot areas in Finance, Trade & Services
applications of Smart Adaptive Systems and Hybrid Systems.
- Increased interaction Academia-Industry as it can lead the direction
of academic work in this field
- Contributing relevant benchmark problems (via Technology Transfer)
and get an insight of the benefits SAS can achieve in their specific
- Getting information and training in workshops, tutorials and other
educational activities of EUNITE (via Training and Education) so they
get an advantage vis-a-vis their competitors.