Roadmap Activity Plan
Objectives and target groups
- To reflect the global vision of the network on the development of
technology, markets, education and the way, how to influence it; the
- To focus research interest on finding solutions for important problems
related to adaptive systems and which can significantly influence the
everyday life; research community
- To recommend possible target areas and technological challenges for
research; financing bodies.
- To analyse business trends on global scale from the viewpoint of the
future scope and impact of the integration of Intelligent Technologies
and the applications of Smart Adaptive systems; different sectors of
- To provide also a practical guideline for the non-expert which he
can consult regarding what Intelligent Technology is appropriate for
his problem; practically anyone.
- Roadmap; a concise monograph answering to the above objectives. Should
not exceed 50 pages in size.
- State-of-the-art surveys from the areas of Eunite Committees. Could
be published as papers in journals, or (preferably) as an edited book.
- Links to other Eunite deliverables and other materials.
- Input from Committees: There is an obligation in Workpackages for
RTD and IBA Committees to provide background material for Roadmap, preferably
before the Steering Committee Meeting in September. For RTD Committees
it means a brief introduction to the current theoretical issues and
links to recent publications. Also a short definition of the terminology
is necessary. This report will be completed by pointing out new directions
for research. IBA Committees should participate by providing surveys
of existing and potential new applications on their areas. Also case
studies and "success stories" should be encouraged.
- Roadmap contributions are not included in corresponding Workpackages
for TE and TT committees. This could be solved by hiring a person in
Oulu who first starts to collect information on teaching Intelligent
Technologies, and on software and other tools available on market. The
results would be later reviewed by TE and TT Committees. The person
could later continue working with background materials that RTD and
IBA Committees provide.